Friday, August 20, 2010

Another Successful Intervention For Atlanta TV Station's 11Alive Help Desk; Helps Homeowner Work Out House Payments After Getting Loan Mod Jerk-Around

In Covington, Georgia, WXIA-TV Channel 11 reports:

  • For a Covington homeowner, it was a refinancing nightmare as documents could not be found and it could have meant foreclosure. Lisa Dailey was one of thousands who sat for hours at last month's Neighborhood Assistance Mortgage event in downtown Atlanta, hoping to refinance a home loan and keep her house. She sat for 19 hours, then came back a second for another 4 hours.But it was worth it. She got an assurance from Freddie Mac that she'd get a rate lower than the 6% she currently had.

  • She left with the basic paperwork and awaited the final documents from Freddie Mac. "I came home ecstatic. I have this deal and everything will be okay. Then 35 days later, no one knows what I was talking about," Ms. Dailey said.

  • Then, the bottom fell out. "No paperwork. Nobody remembered me being there and the promise that was given to me," she added. "My mortgage company was calling me. They kept saying I was behind and I needed to pay up arrears or I would be foreclosed in about 30 days. They have no record of me ever speaking to Freddie Mac," she said.

  • The 11Alive Help Desk got right on it. We contacted Freddie Mac in Washington. They wasted no time in sorting it out. "You've got the 3.25% and it's done," we told Ms. Dailey. "Thank you so much. You did for me in a day what it took a year for me to do. Thank you so much. I am just beyond excited. My kids can breathe. I can breathe. I can breathe," Ms. Dailey said. Her home and mortgage are now secure.

Source: Homeowner Saved from Foreclosure; Refinance Found.

See Another Lender Changes Its Tune When Local Media Intervenes On Behalf Of Screwed-Over Homeowner Seeking Loan Modification for another recent successful intervention for the WXIA-TV 11Alive Help Desk.

No comments: