In an attempt at doing a little housekeeping, I have placed links to the following indictments involving alleged foreclosure rescue scams on this post. I need them all in one place for future reference, and as I find more, they will end up on this page.
For those of you working in prosecutors' offices and law enforcement, feel free to use these indictments as templates when making your own cases.
For those homeowners who feel like they have been screwed over in an equity stripping or loan modification foreclosure rescue deal, and are told by law enforcement that there's nothing they can do because the situation is a civil, and not criminal, case, feel free to give the prosecutor or law enforcement investigator these indictments and ask them to explain what the difference is between your case and the cases descibed in these indictments.
Equity stripping, sale leaseback foreclosure rescue Federal indictments:
- U.S. v. JoyJackson, et al. (Maryland - "Metropolitan Money Store" case);
- U.S. v. Michael K. Lewis, et al. (Maryland);
- U.S. vs. McDowall, et al. (New York - Eastern District);
- U.S. v. Quiroz, Oliveri (Florida - Middle District);
- U.S. vs. Moumneh, et al. (Florida - Middle District);
- U.S. vs. Valenzuela - Plea Bargain Agreement; (California - Central District), Stipulated Statement of Facts, see pages 15 through 21;
- U.S. v. Mendoza, et. al. (Hawaii);
- U.S. v. Dimitrion (Hawaii);
- U.S. v. Krahnke, Striker (Minnesota);
- U.S. vs. Fiorito & Jerde (Minnesota);
- U.S. v. Head, et al. #1 (California - Eastern District);
- U.S. v. Head, et al. #2 (California - Eastern District);
- U.S. vs. Craig, et al. (California - Eastern District);
- U.S. v. Mitchell (Ohio - Southern District).
*******************Upfront fee loan modification foreclosure rescue Federal indictments:
- U.S. v. Warsing (Ohio - Northern District)
- U.S. v. Divins (Texas - Western District);
- U.S. v. Webb (Ohio - Southern District) - U.S. v. Webb media report;
- U.S. v. Yass (Kansas).
Go here for updated vesrion of this post.