Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Homeowner Credits Media For Help Getting Refund From Loan Modification Outfit After Fearing Ripoff

In Atlanta, Georgia, WGCL-TV reports:

  • Beth Hall wasted no time cashing a refund check for $1,495 from the Mortgage Relief Group in Tucker. "I couldn't have done it by myself. I wasn't getting anywhere," said Hall. She received the refund only after CBS Atlanta News began asking the company the tough questions about their questionable business practices. "I thought it would work. They made all kinds of promises saying it would work, but they didn't live up to those promises," said Hall.

  • Hall said the Mortgage Relief Group offered to help her avoid foreclosure on her home in September by lowering her payments. They also claimed to be 100 percent effective, but Hall said it never happened. CBS Atlanta paid a visit to the Mortgage Relief Group a few days ago and no one would discuss the issue on camera. CBS Atlanta was able to speak with the owner over the phone and he agreed to refund Hall's money. "Well if it wasn't for you I don't think I would have gotten the check back. I was trying to do it all on my own and I wasn't getting anywhere," said Hall.

Source: Atlanta Family Gets Mortgage Relief (Mortgage Relief Group Issues $1,495 Refund Check).

No comments: