Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Would-Be Homebuyer Faces Homelessness After Loan Servicers Pull Rug Out From Under Imminent Closings

In Ocala, Florida, The New York Times reports:

  • Amanda Ducksworth was supposed to move in to her new home this week, a three-bedroom steal here in central Florida with a horse farm across the road. Instead, she is camped out with her 7-year-old son at her boss’s house.

  • Like many buyers across the country, Ms. Ducksworth was about to complete the purchase of a foreclosed house when it suddenly went off the market. Fannie Mae, the giant mortgage holding company that buys loans from commercial lenders, is pulling back sales of homes that might have been foreclosed in bad faith.

  • I gave up my rental thinking I would have a house,” said Ms. Ducksworth, a 28-year-old catering assistant. “Now I’m sharing a room with my son. What the hell is up with that?

For more, see Flawed Foreclosure Documents Thwart Home Sales.

No comments: