Thursday, February 10, 2011

Employee At Alleged Loan Servicing Racket Says She Was Duped Into Helping Duo Hijack House Payments From Unwitting Borrowers

In Las Vegas, Nevada, KLAS-TV Channel 8 reports:

  • Two men accused of scamming homeowners out of thousands of dollars are under arrest. Now, a co-worker who says she helped bring down the fraudulent scheme also says she had no idea she was helping rip people off.

  • The woman, who asked to be called "Stephanie", says she helped investigators arrest the two men accused of running Great Western Business Services. Authorities arrested 49-year-old Joseph Yorkus and 48-year-old James Bartczak for allegedly running the scam. "I feel the worst for these people that got scammed, and I feel bad that I was a part of it, even though I didn't know about it. I feel bad, because I was the one who actually did it," Stephanie said. "I feel really bad for the homeowners, because now the ones who did have their checks cashed, they're late on their mortgages." "I honestly have nothing to do with any kind of scam, except that I fell for their B.S.," she said.

  • Great Western Business Services is accused of crafting transfer-of-service letters and sending them to an unknown number of valley residents. The letter instructed homeowners to stop making mortgage payments to Bank of America and start sending payments to Great Western.

For more, see Two People Arrested for Alleged Mortgage Scam.

No comments: