Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mortgage Servicer Took Loan Modification Payments, Then Foreclosed On Her Anyway & Now Admits Screw-Up, Says Tucson Homeowner

In Tucson, Arizona, KOLD-TV Channel 13 reports:

  • So many Tucson area homeowners are behind in their mortgage payments, and risking foreclosure, but an Oro Valley woman says her foreclosure was a shock. Up until the day her home was foreclosed on and sold, she thought everything was fine, and says she was even assured it would not happen. When it did, Tracy Wood says, "I felt like I was going to vomit and pass out."

***

  • Wood says she was paying nearly 3,000 dollars a month on her Oro Valley home, never missing a payment as her mortgage company told her it was modifying her loan, and she would not be foreclosed on. Woods, says, less than two weeks after her Texas-based mortgage company, Saxon Mortgage assured her everything was fine, she got a phone call from an investor, telling her he was going to buy her foreclosed home that very day. And he did.

  • "I thought he was joking. I go, well, that's not...I just talked to my mortgage company. There's no way that's going to happen," Woods says. "It was unexpected and hit me completely out of nowhere," She says.

For more, see Oro Valley woman says mortgage co. admits foreclosure was mistake.

No comments: