Sunday, November 25, 2012

Diabetic Homeowner, Disabled Son Unable To Dodge Surprise Pre-Thanksgiving Foreclosure Boot Despite Having Received Dec. 31 Loan Mod Review Deadline In Writing From Bankster


In Miami, Florida, WPLG-TV Channel 10 reports:

  • A Northwest Miami-Dade woman evicted from her foreclosed home spent Monday night sleeping on the driveway along with all the belongings from her house. "I can't believe this. I'm in complete total shock," said Santa Rosa Armas.

    Armas, 53, said police knocked on her door at 8565 NW 5th Ter. and evicted her, her disabled son, her four cats, and removed her things from the house she had called home for nearly a decade. "Honestly, I don't feel like I'm living in Miami or the USA. I feel like I'm in Germany with Hitler people," she said.

    Armas showed Local 10's Baron James documents that list a deadline date of December 31, 2012, to finalize the latest in a series of mortgage modification reviews so that she could try to keep her home. She stopped making payments back in 2007.

    Many of her neighbors were shocked by the way the eviction happened. Some neighbors stopped by to help Armas, who is a diabetic with a heart condition on disability, sort through her things to trash some and hopefully store the rest.

    "It's three days before Thanksgiving. It's just very difficult to watch this," said Carmen Corzo. "Families sometime have to wait on a list for years before they get assistance, and to see someone, especially an elderly woman, on the street and all her belongings, it really breaks my heart."

    "I think it's really hard. I would be willing to help her store some of her stuff," added Jeanette Suarez. "I feel total frustrated. I want someone to help me, please," Armas said. Her disabled son spent the night with his father, Armas' ex-husband.
Source: Woman's furniture tossed out into street (Santa Rosa Armas forced to sleep in her driveway).

No comments: