Sunday, January 17, 2010

Attorney Disbarred For Using Jailed Client's I.D. To Open Four Credit Cards; Lawyer Also Held POA Over Sale Of Home

In Gloucester, Massachusetts, the Gloucester Daily Times reports:

  • Ennio Cataldo, 47, who lived in Gloucester and had a practice [...] in Peabody, had admitted in court last May to credit card fraud, identity fraud and felony larceny, according to notice from the state's Board of Bar Overseers. The charges stemmed from his use of a client's identity to open four credit cards. The client had given Cataldo power of attorney over several matters, including her divorce and the sale of her home, while she was serving a jail term.(1) [...] The Board of Bar Overseers — which works under the state's Supreme Judicial Court — formally issued its formal judgment of disbarment for Cataldo in a letter mailed Dec. 18.

For the story, see Lawyer disbarred over fraud, other misconduct (Gloucester resident who worked as a lawyer out of Peabody has been disbarred after a series of misdeeds — including committing identity fraud against a client while she was in jail, and taking money to file a trademark application and then never sending it in).

(1) Reportedly, Cataldo had used the credit cards to purchase tires for his car, pay for dry cleaning and buy tickets to see singer Andrea Bocelli, among other expenditures. I suppose the jailed woman should consider herself lucky that Cataldo didn't exercise the power of attorney to sell her home out from under her.

1 comment:

NOT AN IDIOT IN DANVERS said...

this con artist is now dating my best friend and I am appalled and completely at a loss as to what I should do I need to tell her that he is a complete scam artist who has bilked 7 people that I found out in 5 minutes out of money that they retained him as an attorney to represent him and he never provided Legal Services. Now, my friend who has a home and assets is dating this con artist identity theft, fraud committing, disbarred attorney who is lying to her face. What do I do? I know for a fact she has no idea about any of the information I just found out about him in five minutes of looking him up. The fact that he lived in Gloucester 3 years ago,had a practice in Peabody has also lived in Redding and Danvers my friend knows nothing about any of these things. Especially that he opened credit cards four separate times in people's names unbeknownst to them. He stole money from people and ruined their lives. This scumbag is completely setting my friend up and I see all of this very clearly he's going to bilk her out of every penny she has and he probably has already committed identity fraud against her. I will make sure she checks her credit reports and her bank accounts I can guarantee you that he is already working on scamming her, he already has by not telling her of his despicable, deplorable acts, and if not has already done scammed her but he is not going to get away with it because I will make sure of it 100 percen. Ennio Cataldo of Medford, Gloucester, Reading, Danvers etc. a disbarred Attorney who has supposedly lived with only his mother his whole life yet he's got five different addresses that I found over the last seven years and claims he can get his license to practice law back in one year okay please stop your lying you lying sack of s*** The Jig Is up pal you're going down. You might think my friend is an idiot but I certainly am not and I will expose you for the con artist complete scumbag that you are and you will no longer be in her life trust me and if you have done one thing illegal to her, you will go to jail I will make sure of it. you are going down in a ball of flames Ennio Cataldo scam con artist.